OMV Group: Re-inventing Essentials for Sustainable Living.
OMV is a global energy and chemicals group headquartered in Austria. With 22,400 employees including OMV Petrom and Borealis, we are working on answers to address the challenges of climate change. Transforming from a value chain-based to a value cycle-based company, we are aiming to become a leading supplier of sustainable fuels, chemicals, and materials with a focus on circular economy solutions by 2030. Our goal is to be climate neutral by 2050 at the latest.
OMV Petrom is the largest integrated energy company in South-Eastern Europe. It is active on every aspect of the energy value chain: from wells, producing oil and gas, to refining and fuels distribution, gas supply and power generation & supply.
OMV Petrom supports the transition to a greener energy by investing in biofuels, alternative mobility, renewable power generation and new technologies, while capitalizing on its strategic projects and existing portfolio.
Click on the following link to know more about OMV Petrom.
Borealis is one of the world’s leading providers of advanced and sustainable polyolefin solutions. In Europe, Borealis is also an innovative leader in polyolefins recycling and a major producer of base chemicals. We leverage our polymer expertise and decades of experience to offer value-adding, innovative and circular material solutions for key industries such as consumer products, energy, healthcare, infrastructure and mobility.
With operations in over 120 countries and head offices in Vienna, Austria, Borealis employs around 6,000 people. In 2022, we generated a net profit of EUR 2.1 billion. OMV, the Austria-based international oil and gas company, owns 75% of our shares. The Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), based in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), owns the remaining 25%.
In re-inventing essentials for sustainable living, we build on our commitment to safety, our people, innovation and technology, and performance excellence. We are accelerating the transformation to a circular economy of polyolefins and expanding our geographical footprint to better serve our customers around the globe. Our operations are augmented by two important joint ventures: Borouge (with ADNOC, headquartered in the UAE); and Baystar™ (with TotalEnergies, based in the US).