Aboudheir Consulting Ltd.
Dr. Ahmed Aboudheir is the Chief Executive Officer of Delta CleanTech Abu Dhabi (www.deltacleantech.com) and the President of Aboudheir Consulting Ltd (www.aboudheir.ca). Experienced chemical engineer with a demonstrated history of working in the energy industry and research institutions for more than 35 years. Skilled in process design, process optimization, and process troubleshooting in the fields of gas processing, CO2 capture, and chemicals reclaiming and reuse. He has a B.Sc. & M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering, and a Ph.D. in Industrial Systems Engineering. He is a registered professional engineer with APEGA and APEGS. He has extensive peer reviewed publications in design and optimization of chemical/petrochemical plants, hydrogen production reactors, post combustion capture process, and solvent/glycol reclaiming process.
In April 2006, the Government of Saskatchewan, Canada, awarded Dr. Aboudheir the Commemorative Medal for the Centennial of Saskatchewan. The Medal recognizes individuals who have made significant contributions to society and honors their outstanding achievements. Dr. Aboudheir recognized for his significant contributions in hydrogen production research and community leadership.
Expert in Carbon Capture, Solvent Reclaiming and Blue Hydrogen Production:
- Designing, commissioning, and optimizing CO2 Capture Plants to reduce the emissions to atmosphere and to produce blue hydrogen.
- Designing, commissioning, and optimizing Solvent & Glycol Reclaiming Systems (Patented Technology) within the gas processing facilities to recover the chemicals for reuse and to reduce the waste for disposal.
- Front-end engineering and design (FEED) studies for large scale CO2 capture plants.
- Modeling, simulation, and troubleshooting of CO2 absorption processes from fundamental laboratory scale to pilot plant scale to commercial/large scale CO2 capture plants.
- Teaching and mentoring young engineers in the field of applied chemical/process engineering applications, specifically in the field of carbon capture and utilization.
- Hydrogen production by dry reforming of natural gas
- Membrane reactor design for blue hydrogen production from natural gas reforming and catalytic reforming of crude ethanol.