Ibrahim N Al Zu’bi
Chief Sustainability Officer
As the Chief Sustainability Officer at ADNOC, Ibrahim oversees the company’s sustainability strategy and performance, and environmental, social and governance (ESG) disclosures and reporting. Prior to this, Ibrahim was the Chief Sustainability Officer at Majid Al Futtaim Group where he prioritized a Net Positive performance across the Group’s operations and raised Majid Al Futtaim’s sustainability impact and profile in the Middle East and globally.
Author of How to ‘Net’ Positive, a practical guide for companies embarking on their Net Positive journey, Ibrahim’s impactful leadership in sustainability has been recognized in the Top 100 Thought Leaders in Europe and the Middle East by Center for Sustainability and Excellence, US. He is also selected as the 35th sustainability leader among the global top 100, and the only one from the UAE and Gulf region, by Sustainability Magazine.
Alongside his position at ADNOC, Ibrahim serves/served in the following roles:
- Chairman, Corporate Advisory Board, World Green Building Council (WGBC)
- Chairperson, Global Council for UN SDG 13
- Vice Chair, UN Global Compact UAE network
- Vice Chair, UAE Council of Climate Change and Environment launched by HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum
- Board Member, Emirates Green Building Council
- Senior Associate, University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership
Fellow, Posterity Institute, UK
- West Asia Coordinator, UNESCO Youth Xchange Project, UN Environment Programme (UNEP)
- Member, World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Future Council on Net-Zero Transition
- Member, UAE’s Circular Economy Council.
- Member, Private Sector Advisory Council for UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- UAE private sector representative, Global Alliance for Buildings and Construction, a COP 21 initiative.