Frequently Asked Questions
Who can submit an entry?
The ADIPEC Awards are open to anyone who meets the criteria of the related category/categories. We welcome entries from across the globe.
We accept self-nominated and third-party entries for both organisations and individuals.
There are no limits to how many unique submissions can be made by an individual or organisation as long as they meet the eligibility requirements for the category. If a project is relevant to multiple categories and corresponds with the entry submission criteria, it may be submitted for multiple categories.
Can I submit multiple entries for the same project in one category?
No. Please do not submit entries for the same project more than once in the same category.
Are there any entry fees associated with the entry submission?
No. The awards are free to enter, irrespective of the number of categories you participate in.
How do I submit my entry for the ADIPEC Awards 2022?
Complete the online registration on our online submissions portal on the ADIPEC Awards webpage: awards.adipec.com
Choose the category or categories you wish to enter, complete all required fields against the judging criteria and submit your entry.
You will receive an email from us to confirm we have received your entry.
What are the submission guidelines?
- Entry submissions must relate to the oil, gas and energy industry. Submissions related to other industries will not be accepted.
- Ensure that you have read and understood the judging criteria, addressing the criteria points provided in each criteria section.
- Each criteria section has a word count of 300 words, it is important to be comprehensive and concise in your descriptions.
- Including evidence (uploads of images, graphs, or other supporting documents) will strengthen the submission. Uploads must be supporting images. Text-only uploads will not be accepted.
- Entry submissions will only be accepted through the ADIPEC Awards portal.
- Download here a word document of the categories information and criteria that you can use to prepare your submission offline.
- If your entry is a resubmission of 2021, it will be necessary to provide a project update for the period of January 2021 - June 2022. Additional information must be available to support entries, if requested.
- Finalists will be announced in August 2022 and will be notified by email. All finalists will be required to submit a 2-minute submission summary video. A video production briefing document will be provided.
When is the deadline to submit nominations?
All entries must be submitted via the awards online portal by 11:59 pm GST, 14 June 2022.
Do I have to submit my entry in one sitting or can I complete it at a later date?
The online submissions portal allows entrants to save their submission as a draft and return to add or complete the entry later. Applicants must remember to save their progress and can update and change the content as many times as needed, up until the submission deadline.
Can I edit my entry after submitting it?
Yes. To do so, log back into the submission portal at any time make the necessary edits and re-submit before the entry deadline.
Can I send additional materials that will complement my submission via email?
No additional material will be accepted via email or airmail. All material relevant to your submission must be submitted through our online submission portal.
What format should the attachments be?
Attachments are accepted in JPG/JPEG/PNG/GIF/PDF/DOC/DOCX format. The maximum upload size is 5MB. Uploads must be supporting images. Text-only uploads will not be accepted.
Will I receive feedback for a submission?
No, feedback on submissions is not shared.
Who do I contact with questions on nominations or the awards process?
Email us at email@example.com
Will I be notified regarding the receipt of my submission?
Yes. You will receive a notification email upon completion of your entry/entries. If you have registered or have a draft saved, but not submitted your entry, you will also receive a reminder email from the ADIPEC Awards Team to complete your submission, as we approach the deadline.
Will I be notified if I have been selected as a finalist?
Yes. You will be notified by email by the ADIPEC Awards Team.
You will also receive an email should you regrettably not make the shortlist.
When and where will the ADIPEC Awards ceremony take place?
The ADIPEC Awards Ceremony will take place on 31 October 2022 in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
If I’m selected as a finalist, is there a fee to attend the ADIPEC Awards ceremony?
Each category finalist will be given a complimentary invitation to attend the ADIPEC Awards ceremony. Any travel or personal costs incurred to attend the ceremony are to be borne by the finalist.
What are your tips on submitting a winning entry?
- Keep to the word limit: Keep it simple and succinct – don’t overload or confuse with unnecessary details or layers. Share it with someone who is unfamiliar with the project and seek their feedback. Did it hold their interest?
- Plan ahead: Crafting awards submissions isn’t an easy feat, so start as early as possible and make sure you set aside ample time planning, understanding the judging criteria carefully and laying out all the details before you begin.
- Showcase your business: This means in all of your answers you need to explain why your business deserves to win the award, talk about your achievements and show the judges how great your business/project is.
- Tell a story: Developing an awards submission is more than just listing out the business/project objectives and successes; it requires thoughtful consideration. Most entries focus on three areas: the problem, the idea/solution and results. Instead of approaching them separately, use this as an opportunity to intrigue and inspire the jury. For young technical professional submissions, add a personal touch to your application, showing your passions and interests.
- Focus on impact and effectiveness: A winning submission needs more than just a good story; it must be effective. Show how your business/project has impacted your target audience by using data and relevant metrics.
- Don’t just tell. Show: People usually retain 80% of what they see and only 20% of what they read. Give the judges a front row seat to your campaign with images, video links and statistics to add credibility and bring your story to life. It also acts as a visual summary to help the judges remember your business/project. Just like storytelling, be selective with how you present your content. Choose the most interesting visuals that enhance or complement - instead of complicate - your narrative.
My company is a start-up – is there any incentive for us to take part in the ADIPEC Awards?
Yes. Each finalist will receive a travel voucher of the value of USD2,000 to attend the ADIPEC Awards 2022 Ceremony. T&Cs apply.
My entry is almost ready for submission. Is there a benefit for submitting early?
Companies that submit their valid, complete entry in any of the 9 categories, by 20 May 2022, will be entered in a draw for 1 (one) grand prize of USD 5,000 and 4 (four) prizes of USD 2,000 each in travel vouchers to attend the ADIPEC Awards 2022 ceremony. T&Cs apply.