New market outlooks
ADIPEC Webinar: New market outlooks, pricing forecasts and new supply and demand dynamics
TUESDAY 18 AUGUST | 4PM UAE | 12PM GMT | 8AM EST | 7AM CST | 5:30PM IST | 8PM SGT
COVID-19 has undoubtedly changed the world and tested the fundamentals of the modern economy.
There are many possible future scenarios for the months to come on how societies and businesses will evolve, largely dependent upon how governments respond and how businesses will endure.
Furthermore, oil and gas companies continue to pivot to the new norm, transforming themselves to become “energy companies”, fully committed to achieve a net zero future, with sustainability and energy efficiency at the core of their operations.
On this next ADIPEC Webinar Series, industry experts examine energy outlooks, discuss the evolving supply and demand market dynamics and the industry’s response to recovery.
New market outlooks, pricing forecasts and new supply and demand dynamics: the short and long-term effects of an historic year
- What are the short-and long-term scenarios for the energy industry?
- How will supply arrangements like OPEC+ evolve?
- What is the outlook for investment?
- What is the pathway for energy transitions? Will the industry abandon this ambition in the context of surviving in a post pandemic world?
- How will gas and LNG prices be affected in the short and long-term?
- How will business leaders assess risks and respond to the many market uncertainties the industry is currently facing whilst embracing new business opportunities for growth?
THE LIVE WEBINAR POLL RESULTS
WHAT WILL BE THE LASTING EFFECT OF COVID-19 ON GLOBAL ENERGY MARKETS?
said acceleration of the energy transition
said deglobalisation and resource nationalism
said there will be no lasting effect - will be forgotten in a few years’ time
said a slowdown of the
said the end of OPEC
said an oil demand peak
HOW WILL THE GLOBAL OIL INDUSTRY BE STRUCTURED FOLLOWING THE COVID -19 PANDEMIC?
thought that the existing balance of IOCs and NOCs remains intact
responded growing dominance of NOCs as producers, refiners, traders
answered dominance of consuming - national oil companies (eg, China or India)
WHEN WILL THE LEVEL OF GLOBAL OIL DEMAND PEAK?
thought the level of global demand will peak by 2030
responded that the oil demand peak will be by 2025
said it already has peaked
said by 2040
answered that the oil demand peak
will be after 2040