Partner & Associate Director
Boston Consulting Group
Martha is a Partner & Associate Director at BCG, where she focuses purely on Upstream Oil & Gas. Martha leads globally Upstream Decarbonization and Decommissioning.
She has 20 years of experience in Upstream, including 10 years with Schlumberger in onshore and offshore field operations & field development. Examples of work she led or supported:
Asset decarbonization (x15): Led and supported upstream Decarbonization in North Sea, Middle East, Southeast Asia, North and South America; with operators & contractors; onshore & offshore; oil & gas fields; for multiple asset classes – from gas plants to oil terminals; across energy efficiency, flaring, methane, low carbon power, electrification, CCUS, Just Transition
- Built GHG emissions baselines linking performance to structural and operational asset data
- Worked with SMEs & asset teams to stress test abatement initiatives' executability in asset
- Led idea generation workshops with asset teams to identify abatement opportunities
- Built business cases for abatement initiatives working with SMEs, asset teams & suppliers
- Defined emissions reduction targets, abatement curves & scenarios at asset & BU levels
- Defined tangible action plans for each asset including timeline, resources, capex, opex
Performance improvement programs for IOCs & NOCs (x5): Setup and rolled out performance improvement programs; identified opportunities resulting in ~20-30% less costs (opex, capex, abex), ~10%-20% incremental production and carbon neutrality
Strategy, op model & governance reviews for IOC BUs & OFSE companies (x5): Led strategy update, operating models assessment, governance update, masterplans, roadmaps design and execution across Field Development, Production and Decommissioning
Benchmarks, diagnostics & tools (x15): Built performance benchmarks, dashboards and cost estimation models to underpin target setting & improvement programs; in ops & maintenance, wells & reservoir management, exploration, decommissioning & decarbonisation
Commercial due diligence in OFSE (x10): Led for PE funds and OFSE companies commercial due diligences on global seismic, drilling, completion, testing, subsea, wells & reservoir mgmt., decommissioning & satellite markets onshore & offshore; & synergies assessment for acquisitions
She has an MBA from London Business School, a Certificate in Coaching from Cambridge University and a Physics degree from ITESM.