Bringing together inclusion and diversity advocates, industry leaders and decision makers to a global platform, ADIPEC 2018 Inclusion and Diversity In Energy Conference will raise awareness, address biases, and create an implementable agenda to shape an inclusive and diverse oil and gas sector of the future.
The conference will champion diversity of perspectives, and numbers, through quantitative data, critical experiences, and strategic dialogues. The 2018 conference will include topics such as:
- Inclusion & Diversity In the Boardroom: merging perspectives, broader debates, and encouraging improved decision making.
- Championing diversity in STEAM – Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Maths – in university education and the workforce – what does it mean for your business?
- Exploring cognitive biases in recruitment and advancement of employees across geographies, businesses and different career levels; and how these biases can be overcome
- Securing leadership support and commitment to Inclusion & Diversity from compliance-focused perspective to mentorship and sponsorship perspective
- Closing the wide perception gaps between men and women regarding gender-related challenges faced by women, and why chronic underrepresentation of women in senior roles is a major hindrance for development and advancement of the oil and gas industry
WHAT IS INCLUSION & DIVERSITY?
INCLUSION IS "HOW"
Inclusion is all about creating spaces to welcome and embrace diversity. Creating workplaces, and industries through, policies, awareness and training, that support and respect diversity.
DIVERSITY IS "WHO AND WHAT"
Diversity is all about who and what your people are. Diversity is understanding, accepting and valuing people irrespective of gender, race, ethnicity, caste, disability, religious beliefs, personalities, skill sets and experiences.
Why Should you Attend?
- Meet and learn from some of the most successful leaders in the oil and gas industry about latest initiatives, opportunities and benefits of inclusion and diversity in the industry
- Join the discussion, share your thoughts with industry leaders, and help create positive impact
- Gain insights into technical and non-technical arenas where women are making tremendous contribution, and enabling advancement of the industry
- Take away solutions and ideas for best practices that you can implement in your day-to-day working environment to overcome business and process-related challenges
- Be a part of the community, engage in dialogue and help create the dynamic industry of tomorrow
Government-private organisation partnerships play an extremely important role in shaping any sector; be it their policies, their outlook or their roadmap. People are vital to any sector and creating inclusive and diverse work places are of paramount importance. The UAE is a melting pot of cultures with over 200 nationalities calling it home. The oil and gas sector is a major driver of the UAE – and many oil producers’- economy. It is only natural that the oil and gas industry should harness the magnitude of talent that is flowing into the country and the industry. ADIPEC’s Inclusion & Diversity In Energy is of paramount importance to bring everyone together and direct change.
- Omar Ahmed Al Qurashi
Director – Corporate Communications & General Services, Supreme Council of Energy & 2018 Inclusion & Diversity In Energy Advisory Board Member.
Senior Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer
Head of Communications
LUKOIL Middle East and North Africa
Regional Social Performance Manager
Omar Ahmed Al Qurashi
Director - Corporate Communication & General Services
Dubai Supreme Council of Energy
Head of Communications and Marketing
McDermott Middle East, Inc
ENI Abu Dhabi b.v.
Deputy Managing Director
Dr. Carole Nakhle
Mae Al Mozaini
Manager - Research & Adivsory, Corperate Affairs
Ibtisam Al Riyami
People and Change Director
Petroleum Development Oman