Rustom K. Mody
Vice President for Technical Excellence, Enterprise Technology
Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Rustom K. Mody, P.E., is VP–Technical Excellence - Enterprise Technology for Baker Hughes Inc.
Rustom holds Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in Mechanical Engineering and a Master of Business Administration in Finance. He is a Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas. USA.
He holds 18 patents and is the author of over 75 articles, technical presentations and publications. He has won numerous Meritorious Awards for Engineering Innovation. In all, he has more than 35 years of experience in drilling, completion and production
Rustom is an active member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), American Association of Drilling Engineers, International Association of Drilling Engineers (IADC), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and serves on various sub-committees of all three organizations. He serves on the Board of Advisors at the following Universities and Industry organizations:
- Department of Energy “Material Genome Project” 2016
- Offshore Technology conference Advisory Board 2017
- Society of Petroleum Engineers Advisory Board 2017
- University of Houston “Energy Advisory Board” 2016 - present
- University of Oklahoma Engineering Department, 2008 - present
- University of Oklahoma Mewbourne School of Petroleum and Geologic Engineering 2008-present
- Texas A&M TEES Executive Advisory Board 2012-present
- “Pumps & Pipes” an organization made up of professionals from Medicine, Aerospace and Energy Industry. 2007 - present
- World Oil ShaleTech North America Conference 2011-present
- ASME Hydraulic Fracking Conference 2012
Recently he was appointed to serve on the advisory board of Council on Competitiveness Technology Leadership and Strategy Initiative - Washington DC.