ADIPEC Prize Draw - Terms and Conditions
About the ADIPEC Prize Draw
- The promoter of this prize draw is DMG WORLD MEDIA ABU DHABI LIMITED - ABU DHABI (“DMG”) Unit 308, 3rd Floor, Arjan Building, Sector 18-2 East, Plot C91, Defense Road Abu Dhabi UAE P.O Box 94879 Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- DMG has collaborated with Bin Ham Travel to offer registered participants of the ADIPEC Exhibition & Conference to be held in Abu Dhabi between 31 October 2022 and 3 November 2022 (ADIPEC) the opportunity to enter a prize draw (the Prize Draw) to win:
- 1 (one) USD5,000 (five thousand dollars) travel voucher to be used for flights and/or hotel stay and/or other transportation costs in Abu Dhabi during ADIPEC (the ''Grand Prize''); and
- a total of 4 (four) runner-up prizes consisting of 4 (four) travel vouchers each of a value of USD2,000 (two thousand dollars) to be used for flights and/or hotel stay and/or other transportation costs in Abu Dhabi during ADIPEC (the ''Runner-up Prizes'')
(together, the "Prizes").
- By entering the Prize Draw and confirming acceptance of these terms and conditions on the ADIPEC Awards website, you agree to the below terms and conditions, to be bound by the decisions of DMG and to receive email and SMS notifications from DMG in relation to the Prize Draw.
Entering the Prize Draw
- The competition will run from 00:01 on 27 April 2022 to 23:59 on 20th May 2022 (the Closing Time).
- The Prizes will be drawn on 30 May 2022 at 00:01.
- The Prize Draw is open only to eligible ADIPEC awards entrants who enter via the ADIPEC awards website (https://www.adipec.com/awards/) before the Closing Time.
- Entries outside of the Closing Time will not be considered.
- The ADIPEC awards entrants entering the Prize Draw must:
- be aged 18 or over
- be employed in the energy industry;
- enter through the ADIPEC Awards portal;
- fully complete each of the judging criteria contained within the ADIPEC Awards portal;
- if a resubmission of 2021, provide a project update for the period of January 2021 - June 2022;
- If supported by images, graphs, or other supporting documents, these cannot be text-only.
Proof of eligibility of the above must be provided upon request.
- Employees (or their relatives) of the DMG Group of Companies and the Bin Ham Travel Group of Companies are not permitted to enter.
- Individuals must complete all the required form fields in the ADIPEC awards entry page with their correct information in order to be eligible for an ADIPEC awards entrant.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- Only one entry per eligible ADIPEC awards entrant is permitted. No entries on behalf of third parties will be accepted.
- The Prizes are provided to DMG by Bin Ham Travel LLC, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- The Grand Prize consists of 1 (one) USD5,000 (five thousand dollars) travel voucher to be used for flights and/or hotel stay and/or other transportation costs in Abu Dhabi during ADIPEC and the Runner-up Prizes consist of a total of 4 (four) travel vouchers of a value of USD2,000 (two thousand US dollars) each to be used for flights and/or hotel stay or other transportation costs in Abu Dhabi during ADIPEC between 29 October and 5 November 2022.
- The Prizes are to be used exclusively towards flight tickets and/or hotel room booking and/or other transportation costs. The Prizes cannot be used towards any other items such as visa costs, travel and cancellation insurance, medical insurance, food and drink, tax, personal expenses and other items of an incidental nature.
- Travel is subject to governmental restrictions and travel guidelines at the time of the trip. The winner must follow the advice outlined by the government and relevant authorities. It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure that it has a valid passport, appropriate visas and vaccinations.
- DMG will not be responsible for the outcome of visa applications or any COVID-19 testing and quarantine affecting the trip and travel requirements.
- The Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, subject to availability and there is no cash alternative.
Choosing the winners
Winner of the Grand Prize:
- For the Grand Prize, DMG will conduct a random drawing on 30 May 2022. The draw will be supervised by an Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development official.
- DMG will draw from all eligible entries received within the campaign period and select one (1) Grand Prize winner.
- By entering the Prize Draw and confirming acceptance of these terms and conditions on the ADIPEC awards website, you agree to the transfer of your data from DMG to Bin Ham Travel in the event you are the Grand Prize winner.
- The Grand Prize winner will be notified by email within three (3) business days of winner selection or as soon as reasonably practicable. The notification will include details of how the Grand Prize can be accepted and redeemed.
- The Grand Prize winner will have ten (10) business days to respond to the winning notification. If such winner does not confirm acceptance within ten (10) business days or chooses not to take the Grand Prize (or is unable to do so), another random draw will take place among all remaining entries for that drawing and another winner will be selected. If this winner does not confirm acceptance then the Grand Prize shall be donated to the Emirates Red Crescent.
Winners of the Runner-up Prizes:
- For the Runner-up Prizes, DMG will conduct a random drawing on 30 May 2022] after conducting the Grand Prize draw. The draw will be supervised by an Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development official.
- DMG will draw from all eligible entries received within the campaign period and select four (4) Runner-up Prizes winners.
- By entering the Prize Draw and confirming acceptance of these terms and conditions on the ADIPEC awards website, you agree to the transfer of your data from DMG to Bin Ham Travel in the event you are a Runner-up Prize winner.
- The Runner-up Prize winners will each be notified by email within three (3) business days of winner selection or as soon as reasonably practicable. The notification will include details of how the prize can be accepted and redeemed.
- The Runner-up Prize winners will have ten (10) days to respond to the winning notification. If a winner does not confirm acceptance within the ten (10) days or chooses not to take the prize (or is unable to), another random draw will take place among all remaining entries for that drawing and another winner will be selected. If this winner does not confirm acceptance then the Grand Prize shall be donated to the Emirates Red Crescent.
- DMG respects your right to privacy and will only process the personal data you provide to us in accordance with Federal Law No 45 of 2021 (the UAE Data Protection Law) and other applicable privacy laws and regulations. If you would like to read more on how DMG collects, where it collects or how it uses your personal information, please visit DMG's Privacy Notice at dmgevents.com/privacy-policy/.
- The Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable and cannot be sold and exchanged and are subject to availability. There is no cash alternative to the Prizes and they may only be redeemed by the individual winners.
- Changes to the Prizes may be made by DMG at any time without prior notice. DMG reserves the right to substitute any of the Prizes with an alternative prize of equal value in the event of unavailability of the original Prize for any reason.
- DMG reserves the right to check the validity of any registration on the ADIPEC awards website and the identity of any ADIPEC awards entrants and to refuse participation in the Prize Draw if DMG reasonably considers the entrant to be in breach of these terms and conditions.
- DMG's decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the Prize Draw.
- DMG reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or supersede the Prize Draw if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the Prize Draw is not capable or is likely not to be capable of being conducted fairly or as specified within these terms and conditions due to events beyond its control (including, without limitation, a systems, satellite, network server, computer hardware of software server failure, a virus or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of DMG that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Prize Draw).
- For the avoidance of doubt, DMG has no involvement in any customer services enquiries, including any booking, travel or ticketing enquiries and DMG does not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage that may arise from any customer enquiries, including any booking, travel or ticketing enquires and/or missed travel, delays or cancellations.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit in any way DMG's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud or for any liability that may not be limited or excluded by law. Subject to that, DMG shall have no liability for any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winners or other entrants that is caused by: (a) technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person's participation in the Prize Draw; (b) any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation of the Prizes; (c) any act or omission of any third party; or (d) any other events beyond DMG's control that may cause the Prize Draw to be disrupted or corrupted in any way.
- You acknowledge that Bin Ham Travel will process all card transactions in accordance with its own terms and conditions, which are contained on https://binham.travel/. DMG has no involvement in the sale and purchase made in connection with the Prize Draw or in the processing of any card transactions with Bin Ham Travel and DMG does not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage that may arise from any purchase made through Bin Ham Travel's website in connection with the Prize Draw. For the avoidance of doubt, DMG does not take ownership or responsibility for any products to be supplied by Bin Ham Travel to you.
- You acknowledge that Bin Ham Travel will manage all customer service enquiries, including any ticketing and booking enquiries. Bin Ham Travel will manage all and any returns and refunds. Full details of Bin Ham Travel 's terms and conditions can be found on https://binham.travel/DMG's obligations are limited to making the Prize Draw available to registered ADIPEC awards entrants. DMG shall not be liable for any financial loss arising out of the refusal, cancellation or withdrawal of the Prize Draw or any failure or inability of an entrant to take advantage of the Prize Draw for any reason.
- No responsibility will be taken by DMG for late, lost, indecipherable or misdirected emails or for any failure of communication resulting from incorrectly supplied information.
- The winners may be required, subject to their consent, to take part in reasonable post- Prize Draw publicity for DMG which may include filming, photography or other recordings required by DMG or other third parties for publicity purposes, including sharing on social media, and the winner agrees to the use of their personal data for such purposes.
- You agree to assign all copyright and intellectual property developed during this Prize Draw (the IP) exclusively to DMG to the fullest extent permitted by law. If and to the extent that, according to the law in any jurisdiction, ownership, title, or any rights or interest in or to any of the IP cannot be assigned as provided in this paragraph 43, you herewith irrevocably agree to assign, convey, and transfer, and hereby assign and transfer to DMG all rights that can be assigned pursuant to this paragraph 43 to the fullest extent possible and permissible and irrevocably agree to grant, and hereby grant to DMG an unlimited, exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, assignable, transferable, perpetual, sub-licensable and royalty-free license to use, exploit and commercialise in any manner now known or in the future discovered and for whatever purpose, any rights to the IP that cannot be assigned as contemplated by this paragraph 43.
- If any of these terms and conditions is found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the other provisions shall continue to apply.
- This Prize Draw shall be governed by the laws of the United Arab Emirates as applicable in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.