The Gas focused Award will recognise the most original idea ready for implementation in the MENA region, presenting practices that have both an environmental benefit (flare reduction, efficiency improvement) and through this a measurable “green growth” impact, i.e. making more gas available through better use, better resource use, conversion efficiency, etc., while developing product concepts as part of sustainable whole systems.
The idea does not have to be implemented already but could be at a conceptual stage; it can capture the knowledge and the newest gas findings of the Research and Development department. Presented projects should show radical and creative thinking and advanced levels of environmental awareness.
1. Company’s policy introduction
2. Technology put in place to optimize fuel use
3. Zero gas flaring initiative
4. Equipment efficiency and demand-side management
5. Better use of water and other resources